Glen View Cemetery is located
north of Clements, Ca.
near the Mokelumne
River.The property was deeded to the town in 1890 by
Thomas Clements and Stillman Magee. Mr.
Clements named the cemetery after
his home town in Ireland and five years later in 1895 the Glen View
Cemetery Association was incorporated. The first trustees were Mrs.
Leah Bamert, Mrs. Anna Tice and Mr. E.H. Plummer. At this time a fence
was erected to designate its boundary.
In 1948, Margarete Clements, the
daughter of Thomas Clements, donated the brick front gates that you
see today using bricks from the old Athearn school
house. At the same time Ed Bamert donated
the iron fence to complete the front of the cemetery property.
In 1989 the cemetery was again incorporated and the name changed to
Glen View Cemetery,
Inc.Glen View Cemetery is a Non-Profit
organization. All of the board
members are volunteers who donate their time to keeping the grounds
clean and finances kept in an orderly manner. They are dedicated
to the community and would like to help our
patrons with any questions that we can answer.
President: Winnie Jones
1st VP: Eric Schneider
Sgt of Arms: Robert Edwards
Treasurer: Ed Jones
Secretary: Joann Barbero
Directors: Glenn Thorns, Loren Knighton
Web Master: Randy Jones